The Rt Hon Nick Gibb MP, UK Minister of State for School Standards
Nick Gibb was appointed Minister of State at the Department for Education on 15 July 2014. He was elected Conservative MP for Bognor Regis and Littlehampton in 1997. Prior to that he studied law at Durham University and was formerly a chartered accountant specialising in corporate taxation with KPMG.
Nick served as Shadow Minister for Schools from 2005 until 2010, and as Minister of State for Schools from May 2010 until September 2012.
As Minister of State for School Standards his responsibilities include:
- recruiting and retaining teachers and school leaders (including initial teacher training, qualifications and professional development)
- teaching school alliances
- links with College of Teaching
- national funding formula for schools and schools revenue funding
- curriculum, assessment and qualifications (including links with Ofqual)
- school accountability (including links with Ofsted)
- Education for All Bill
This event is by invitation only. Please contact abccvic@britishchamber if you have any queries.