International Women's Day Breakfast (Sydney)
The Australian start-up scene is one of the most vibrant in the world with fintech often cited as a prime example of how Australia is a global leader. As it continues to revolutionise the finance industry and its delivery, fintech is shaking up the status quo globally.
However, when you dissect its makeup, the representation of women within the industry is less than ideal. FinTech Australia recently cited figures from an EY report in November that showed only 13% of fintech leadership positions in Australia are held by women. Despite just 22% of all employees in the fintech industry being female – these women are making substantial contributions to building the success of this dynamic business sector.
Please join us as our expert panel will discuss the themes below.
Pip Marlow, CEO Strategic Innovation, Suncorp
Amanda Harkness, former General Counsel, ASX
Dr Catriona Wallace, CEO & Founder, Flamingo Ventures Pty Ltd
Moderator: Andrew Corbett-Jones, Head, Tyro FintechHub
- Engaging and supporting women in the fintech community
- Encouraging, supporting and promoting female talent into the sector
- Progress for women in fintech, what's changed, what's working, what's gone backwards
- The ways in which fintech delivers new and better financial services for the benefit of both consumers and business
- The effect of digital disruption on the traditional banking and finance sector
- Women entrepreneurs and capital raising
- Collaboration - Scaling global solutions through building the Australian UK ecosystem
- The challenges: cyber security and keeping identity data safe and secure
Registration closed. If you wish to attend, please call Jennifer Cramond on 02 9247 6271.