International Women's Day Breakfast (Melbourne)
The Australian start up scene is one of the most vibrant in the world with fintech often cited as a prime example of how Australia is a global leader. As it continues to revolutionise the finance industry and its delivery, fintech is shaking up the status quo globally.
However, when you dissect its makeup, the representation of women within the industry is less than ideal. FinTech Australia recently cited figures from an Ernst & Young report in November that showed only 13% of fintech leadership positions in Australia are held by women. Despite just 22% of all employees in the fintech industry being female – these women are making substantial contributions to building the success of this dynamic business sector.
Please join us as our expert panel will discuss the below themes.
- Deborah Ralston - Chair, ASIC Digital Finance Advisory Committee (DFAC)
- Meredith Angwin - Partner Financial Services, EY
- Dr Kate Cornick - CEO, LaunchVic
- Liz Bradford - COO Commercial Banking, HSBC (Moderator)
- Engaging and supporting women in the fintech community
- Encouraging, supporting and promoting female talent into the sector
- Progress for women in fintech, what's changed, what's working, what's gone backwards
- The ways in which fintech delivers new and better financial services for the benefit of both consumers and business
- The effect of digital disruption on the traditional banking and finance sector
- Women entrepreneurs and capital raising
- Collaboration - Scaling global solutions through building the Australian UK ecosystem
- The challenges: cyber security and keeping identity data safe and secure.
Registration is closed. If you wish to be on the waitlist please call Helen Walford on 03 9650 6000.